Clinique des femmes de l’Outaouais
March 16, 2020
La Clinique des femmes de l’Outaouais has implemented preventive measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, following recommendations issued by the various levels of government.
Our goal is to help break the chain of transmission in the wider community, thereby protecting vulnerable people and enabling health care facilities to cope with the needs. The well-being and safety of our clients and employees are our priorities and are at the heart of every decision we make.
Please be aware that we are implementing measures to minimize the health risks for our employees and clients. First, we are canceling all non-emergency appointments to focus our efforts on voluntary terminations of pregnancy. Contraceptive consultations will be canceled until at least March 30. Calls will be made to notify each client if their appointment is canceled.
We are also implementing additional hygiene measures, including:
- An assessment station has been placed at the entrance of the clinic. Patients and the person accompanying them will be assessed before they can enter. People who are at risk or have symptoms will be referred to the designated facilities. Your temperature may be taken, you may be asked to wear gloves and a mask, and your appointment may be rescheduled.
- We have limited the number of attendants in the waiting room. Only one person may accompany a client in the waiting room. The number of seats in the waiting room has been reduced and these have been spaced to avoid transmission.
- Antiviral products, such as hand sanitizers, are made available to clients and the person accompanying them.
- We continue to apply strict protocols for the disinfection of our premises. Every day, our clinic undergoes a thorough cleaning process with particular attention to the surfaces frequently touched.
- We regularly remind all employees of the hygiene measures to adopt in order to prevent the transmission of the virus, including frequent hand washing.
- For the sake of prevention, we asked our employees who took a trip abroad and who returned after the government’s directive, to stay at home on their return for a period of 14 days.
We will assess the need to extend cancellations as the situation evolves. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will adjust our measures regularly, in accordance with the advice of public health authorities and government directives.
If you are concerned about COVID-19, you can contact the Quebec government’s toll-free Coronavirus information line at 1-877-644-4545. You can also consult the Quebec government website. https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/