Clinique des femmes de l’Outaouais
May 11, 2020
La Clinique des femmes de l’Outaouais has implemented preventive measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, following recommendations issued by the various levels of government.
Our goal is to help break the chain of transmission in the wider community, thereby protecting vulnerable people and enabling health care facilities to cope with the needs. The well-being and safety of our clients and employees are our priorities and are at the heart of every decision we make.
Please be aware that we are implementing measures to minimize the health risks for our employees and clients. We are prioritizing pregnancy terminations. We are also offering IUD insertions. Preparatory appointments before the IUD insertion will be done over the phone. If possible, preparatory appointments prior to pregnancy terminations will also be done over the phone.
We are also implementing additional hygiene measures, including:
- An assessment station has been placed at the entrance of the clinic. Patients will be assessed before they can enter. People who are at risk or have symptoms will be referred to the designated facilities. Your temperature may be taken, and your appointment may be rescheduled.
- Every person will need to wear a surgical mask for their appointments. Place the mask in order to fully cover your mouth and nose and avoid touching it once in place. Nurses and doctors will also be wearing surgical masks.
- Only clients with an appointment will be allowed into the clinic. No accompanying person will be allowed in the waiting room. The number of seats in the waiting room has been reduced and these have been spaced to avoid transmission. All paper documentation has been removed from the waiting room.
- Antiviral products, such as hand sanitizers, as well as gloves and masks are made available to clients and employees. Please, ensure to wash your hands thoroughly when entering the clinic.
- We continue to apply strict protocols for the disinfection of our premises. Every day, our clinic undergoes a thorough cleaning process with particular attention to the surfaces frequently touched. Our team disinfects everything between each patient.
- For the sake of prevention, we are asking our employees who took a trip abroad in the last 14 days or who are experiencing COVID-related symptoms to stay home.
If you have COVID-related symptoms, if you have been in contact with someone who is COVID positive or if you or someone you have been in contact with is waiting for their results after being tested for COVID, do not come into the Clinic. Please call us and we will reschedule your appointment.
We are monitoring the situation very closely and will adjust our measures regularly, in accordance with the advice of public health authorities and government directives.
If you are concerned about COVID-19, you can contact the Quebec government’s toll-free Coronavirus information line at 1-877-644-4545. You can also consult the Quebec government website. https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/